Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Do you need healing?
"Sickness both physical and mental is a reality and a result of the fallen state of mankind, any and everyone can get sick. The other reality is that God can heal! This handbook was created to give you the sick person hope! Don’t beat yourself up and look for reasons WHY? Jesus disciples made the mistake of thinking a man was born blind because of his or his parents sin…Jesus told them they were wrong! It was not because of sin…but it was an opportunity for Jesus to show compassion and His healing power. When we encounter a sick person remember two things; 1. It could have easily been YOU! 2. It is an opportunity to show compassion and love! Jesus still heals and He still loves us…believe that!"
Chaplain Mark H. Stevens, M.Min
1. Become convinced in your heart, knowing clearly from the Scriptures that healing is a purchased possession for you. 1 Corinthians 2:12, Romans 4:20-22
2. Receive your healing by faith in prayer before the Lord. Settle it before the Lord and write down the date. This is very important. You need to know for certain when you received your healing. By doing so, it will aid in abolishing doubt and unbelief. If the devil tells you that you are not going to get healed, just tell him he is too late, you've already received it by faith and then quote the date to him and then command him to leave! I suggest taking communion when you get ready to receive your healing, as the juice and the bread are symbolic elements of the covenant, His body broken and bruised for our healing and the blood shed for the forgiveness of our sin. You will note in 1 Corinthians 10:16 Paul refers to communion as the cup of blessing! If you do a word search on the word "blessing" you will find that it means, empowered to succeed!
3. Read through all of the Healing Scriptures that you feel the Holy Spirit has specifically pointed out for you to stand on and claim as your inheritance - commit some to memory as they are your ammunition scriptures. Hebrews 4:12, Ephesians 6:17, Hebrews 11:1
4. Review and claim your Scriptures every time doubt comes to your mind and speak out faith declarations of what the Word says about you and your healing! Steal the devils word immediately and replace it with the Word of God - the precious promises. 2 Peter 1:1-4 Remember the devil is after your faith - he wants you to believe in his ability to defeat the Word in your life.
5. Speak blessings over your body, and speak in line with the Word of God regarding your situation - don't focus on the problem - focus on the answer. Your words are powerful - see Mark 11:23-24. We do not deny that sickness or disease is present, however we deny it the right to stay!
6. Make praise and worship an everyday part of your life - rejoicing at the promises and for your life in Christ. He truly deserves our adoration, for He is our everything, and He has given us the victory! 1 Corinthians 15:57, 1 John 5:4. Praise and worship will help you to be victory minded. "The Lord is enthroned amongst the praises of His people" - Psalm 22:3
7. Learn to use the authority, that has been given to you by the Lord, to run off any doubt and oppression that may be harassing you. Lay your hands on yourself and command the sickness to leave, command your body to line up with the Word of God. Luke 10:19, Isaiah 54:17, Mark 11:23
8. This is very important!!! Take time each day to get quiet and listen to the Lord - let Him minister to you and encourage you - He is the Comforter! We need to learn to recognize His voice. He will also illuminate the Scriptures to you and get you back on track if you need it. You need to develop your relationship with Him in this vital way. John 16:13, Matthew 4:4
9. Check yourself out before the Lord for any unforgiveness or any "open doors" you may have to the enemy - repent and make changes as quickly as possible. Don't forget about your provision in 1 John 1:9. Remember sin will block the blessings of God.
10. Continue in your normal daily devotions and Bible reading, learning, growing and maturing irrespective of your situation. Proverbs 4:20-22, Joshua 1:8. They will serve as an anchor to your soul as you refer back to them when the going gets tough.
11. Stand, and keep on standing! Ephesians 6:10-18. Know the difference between a miracle and a healing. Miracles are instant, and healings are progressive. Important - read Mark 4:26-29, this describes the law of progression that is the norm for the Kingdom of God.
Be careful not to put your healing in first place, we do not want it to become an idol. Keep the Lord and your relationship with Him in first place.
"And let us not grow weary while doing well (doing the Word), for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."Galatians 6:9