Friday, November 30, 2007
"How Can I be Delivered from Demonic Influence?
Top ten questions to ask concerning your deliverance
When trying to locate the source or root of a bondage, these top ten questions can be very helpful and save a lot of time. Think of this as a miniature deliverance questionnaire.
1. What kind of bondage are you facing? (Fears, depression, voices in your mind, mental illness, physical illness, mental torment, spiritual torment, etc.)
It's always important to clearly identify the problem, so you know exactly what you are dealing with.
2. Do you remember when the bondage started? What was happening around the time this bondage started?
Many bondages can be easily traced back to a particular experience in one's life. If you can get the person to remember when exactly their bondage started, they will likely remember what happened that 'triggered' the problem in the first place.
3. Can you see any 'open doors' where the bondage may have entered through?
Give the person you are ministering to a chance to see if they can come up with anything. They may not be able to come up with anything, or they may be completely wrong, but it's definitely worth a try.
4. Have you or your ancestors been involved in the occult or any false religions? Including secret societies such as Freemasonry and also seeking occult power or knowledge from others, such as having a fortune told, etc.
Countless bondages are rooted in some sort of occult involvement, either by the person or by their ancestors. False religions are a red flag as well. Freemasonry is well known for bringing people under demonic bondage.
5. Do you have ancestors or family members who have suffered from a similar kind of bondage?
This is a good way to begin looking into the possibility of a spirit being handed down through a generational curse or iniquity.
6. How do you see yourself? (Do you feel guilty, low self-esteem, confident, etc.)
This can help reveal problems with guilt, strongholds, rejection, self-rejection, etc.
7. Is there anything in your life that has been or is currently troubling you?
This is a great conversation starter to help them open up about what's on their mind, and can be a great way to reveal the struggles they are facing mentally and spiritually.
8. Do you feel truly loved by God for who you are? (Be honest!)
This is a great way to identify a very common stronghold. Many people don't see God as a loving Father, and it hinders them from feeling God's love in their life, which gives the devil a lot of room to play havoc.
9. What things have negatively impacted your life? (Traumatic experiences, deeper sins, bad relationships, etc.)
Finding out what things have negatively affected a person's life can reveal many doors that the devil has gained into their lives. Bad relationships can cause bitterness and cause people to become emotionally built up inside. Unforgiveness is a known way for a person to become defiled, which is an open door to the devil. Deeper sins may or may not have been put to rest in the person's mind. If the person still continues to beat themselves up for it, then they would do good to confess the sin, forsake it, and receive God's forgiveness of it, as well as forgive themselves for it. A clean conscience is important to a person's spiritual freedom, but if a person is unwilling to forgive themselves, they hinder their conscience from being cleansed.
10. What was your relationship with your parents like when you were growing up?
Many bondages begin in childhood, because a child is much more sensitive and easily damaged than adults. If a person has had a rough upbringing, it can result in a lot of unresolved problems later on in life. Any hurt feelings towards ones parents must be brought out into the open, confessed, then forgiven.